Saturday, February 22, 2014

There are only 19 days until March 13th and the adventure in Europe begins. Yesterday we had a meeting with everyone who will be going on the trip, and it got me super pumped for this experience. It isn't my first time going overseas, nor to another country, so I know a little of what to expect. Also, both of my older sisters went on this trip. So they were very helpful with tips and advice. I've already been to South Korea and Japan, and after going to those countries I don't think anything will take me by shock. Growing up in Mexico, I've become pretty used to adopting to new cultures and being respectful of others traditions and customs. I had to learn that ability when we moved to the United States. My sisters also told me that even though they are two distinct countries, the Czech Republic reminded them of our home in Mexico. Mexico has a lot of European influence from Spain, they said the structure of the cities and even some of the customs with the celebration of culture were very similar.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see this new part of the world. I know how eye opening traveling abroad can be and I'm just ready to go . . . like right now. I've been working so much to raise my goal of $5,000 and well I'm pretty sure I will fall a little short so maybe taking a loan out? I'm not sure.

The good news is we have our Spring Break pretty much booked! And our trip to Greece and Turkey after this trip is all booked! March 13th you need to get here! I'm so excited and a bit scared, but more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment